Tipis, Teepees, Tepees! (Crow Style)
We are proud to offer authentic Teepees!
The Montana Indian culture is rich by the presence of seven reservations in our state, as well as by an annual international Crow Fair in our area. The tipi designs are derived from their cultures. We have been providing tipis to our local tribes for over 22 years. The tipis are fun to pitch and provide plenty of room. The Crow Indian tipi is our standard design. We also have Sioux and Cheyenne Tipis (please call to order)! Please specify if you would prefer the traditional "A" shape door opening which is standard on the Crow Tipi. An oval shaped door opening is available at no additional charge for those that specify it.
The Crow style tipi is probably the most pleasing design visually. The size of the smoke flaps are beautifully proportioned to the nearly conical shape of the tipi itself. We learned to make this tipi from our close neighbors on the Crow Indian Reservation. The traditional "A" shape door opening is standard on the Crow Tipi.
Packages can include the following:
• Pegs & Pins • Tipi Liner • Door Cover • Painted Door Cover • Set of Poles • Backrest • Willow Chairs • Willow Beds • Rawhide parfleches • Beaded Tipi Bags
• You will have to call for shipping price on package deals.
1. Do I need a tipi liner? A tipi liner is a great addition to your tipi if you use it in colder weather for extra insulation. It also prevents shadowing on the outside when you have a fire. More importantly it is necessary for a good draft when you have a fire inside.
2. Is my tipi going to be waterproof? You do have the option to close your tipi flaps at the top. In a torrential downpour you will have water trickling down the poles.
3. Does my tipi come with a floor? When your tipi is set up each time it will have a slightly different shape around the floor. We do carry heavy rubber moisture shield floors.
4. Is my tipi bug proof? You will have air spaces all along the bottom and around where you stake it in and also around the smoke flaps. You could try putting mesh on the bottom but bugs are going to get in. A tipi liner will help keep many bugs out.
5. Which forms of payment do you accept? We happily accept Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, cashiers checks, and personal checks (with 7-10 days approval).
6. How do I clean my Tipi? Mildew and dirt will break down your tipi over time. If you keep it clean and free from mildew you will have a long life of use from your tipi. Use a mild detergent such as Ivory or Dove dishwashing soap. Make sure you rinse off the soap really good. Dry it completely before you put it away.
Need to know how to put up a Tipi? Take a look at the following book in the book section of our website:
The Indian Tipi by Reginald & Gladys Laubin
The Buffalo Hide Tipi of the Sioux by Larry Belitz